It’s soon going to be Lucas’ birthday, I can’t believe it has been nearly a year since his first birthday and Christening. It’s also D’s 40th and my brothers 30th next year so we have lots to plan.
- Make an invitation list
- Keep everything party related in one place
- Decide on a budget
- Decide on a theme, consider the time of the year, the occasion etc
- Look at where you can hold it if you are not having it at home. VenueFinder is a database of over 15,000 UK and international venues. Their comprehensive search options seriously takes away the hassle. You can search by location, rooms, maximum capacities, rates and much more. Most importantly it is free to use.
- Decide on a menu and ask people on invitations to state if they have any special requirements eg. Vegetarian, nut allergy, gluten free etc
- If it is an adults party with children being invited, consider having a children’s area. Set up a table with snacks, drinks, colouring pencils, paper and puzzles.
- Decide on a playlist and any activities you may want at the party
- Enlist any extra help you may need (caterers, decorations, entertainers etc). You can also find these in VenueFinder’s suppliers search.
- Send invitations once you have decided on date, time and venue. Make sure your writing is clear, it’s no good putting on your email address if it isn’t legible for someone to reply.
- Delegate with family and friends, don’t put too much pressure on yourself
- Relax and enjoy the party, if you have forgotten anything it is too late to do anything about it now and I’m sure no one else will notice. Treasure the time with your friends and family.