If you haven’t seen a happy days post before, it is where I focus on the good things that have happened throughout the week instead of getting bogged down by negativity.
- Sunday We went round to my Mum for Lucas’ birthday, some of our family came and we had a cake and sang Happy Birthday. Lucas absolutely loved it, it was as if he had been waiting through everybody’s birthdays to get to his turn and he revelled in it
- Monday My hours at work have been cut but it does mean I get to spend extra time with Lucas and we returned to a Tots Praise group that we used to go to on my maternity leave. Lucas met his friend there and we took the leftover birthday cake for everyone to share.
- Tuesday I worked on Tuesday and it was the first time my Mum picked Lucas up from nursery. I pulled up to my Mums house to collect him and they were just getting out of her car, it was lovely seeing that a change of routine hadn’t affected him and he was happily ordering Grandma around, having just convinced her to take him to the shop to stock up on biscuits. It’s amazing how much can be done with such a small vocabulary.
- Wednesday Lucas’ actual birthday, D took the day off work. We opened presents and chilled in the morning before going for a play and dinner at a local restaurant. It was lovely being out together.
- Thursday I had a clear-out and declutter of Lucas’ old toys he doesn’t use anymore. It’s made a big difference to the space we have, even with his new ride-on JCB in the living room (thanks Uncle H)!
- Friday I was sent* some Fairtrade chocolate and coffee in aid of Fairtrade Fortnight so I enjoyed a bit of me-time with a milky coffee and sea salt and caramel chocolate whilst Lucas napped. Fairtrade Fortnight is from 27th February to 12th March. It is a fun-filled event when campaigners, businesses, schools and places of worship show their support for the farmers and workers who grow our food in developing countries. There are loads of free resources if you want to get involved.