I have awful toothache at the moment and I’m struggling to eat anything so it was the perfect time to try out a soup recipe from Hello Fresh yesterday. It is a chunky soup so I ended up blitzing it, which I haven’t shown in the photos but it was scrumptious! Jam packed with vegetables and bursting with flavour, it was exactly what I needed to perk me up.
The Veggie Packed Italian Soup with Rocket and Salsa Verde is part of Hello Fresh’s balanced range. All of their balanced recipes are developed by in-house chefs and approved by a nutritionist. They are under 550 calories, low in salt, sugar and fat. The balanced range include leaner cuts of protein, pulses, whole grains and lots of fresh vegetables. They are designed to be wholesome, flavour-filled meals that will satisfy the whole family.
Ingredients for 2 people
28g vegetable stock powder
100g cavolo nero
400g cannelini beans
30g tomato puree
1.5tsp ground coriander
2 cloves garlic
1 red onion
1 yellow pepper
1 Vine tomato
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Pop the cauliflower florets on a lined baking tray and drizzle on a splash of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast on the top shelf of your oven until soft and charred at the edges, 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the red onion. Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into small pieces. Trim the carrot, then quarter lengthways (no need to peel). Chop widthways into small pieces. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Drain and rinse the cannellini beans
- Heat a splash of oil in large, deep saucepan on medium heat. When hot, add the onion, carrot and pepper. Cook until beginning to soften, 4-5 mins then add the garlic, tomato purée, ground coriander and Italian style herbs. Stir and cook for 1 minute before adding the water and the stock powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 mins
- Roughly chop the basil (stalks and all) and half the rocket. Pop the basil, chopped rocket and hazelnuts in a small bowl and use the end of a rolling pin to roughly mash them together. Tip: Use a pestle and mortar if you have one! Stir in the olive oil, you should have a rough, thick paste. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Chop the vine tomato into small pieces.
- Add the cannellini beans and cavolo nero to the soup and simmer until the cavolo nero has softened, 5 mins. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and just before serving, stir in the chopped vine tomato.
- Ladle the soup into deep bowls and spoon small amounts of the pesto on top for stirring in. Top with the cauliflower florets. Finish with the remaining rocket.
if you like this, also check out this dolsot bibimbap recipe