Who are The Leukaemia Cancer Society?
They are a charity dedicated to fighting blood cancer on every front – research, bone marrow/stem cell recruitment, support, information and campaigning.
Since the Leukaemia Cancer Society (LCS) was formed it has developed into a charity that raises money devoted to the recruitment of volunteer bone marrow donors, research, education and patient care.
LCS helps to improve the lives of people affected by blood cancer. They provide practical, medical and emotional support and campaign for better cancer care.
LCS is dedicated to ensuring that more people with cancer survive, have the best possible quality of life and that their families and carers get the support they need. Facing cancer, whether as a patient, carer or member of the family, is a life-changing experience. The LCS works with people as they come to terms with and manage these changes, in particular by providing relevant information and emotional, social and psychological support.
How can you help support Leukaemia Cancer Society?
If you want to help the LCS, there are many things you can do such as
- Donate money, whether it is a one-off or a regular payment
- Help give hope to others by sharing your story. By sharing your experience of cancer with others, you can help raise awareness and beat cancer.
- Become a bone marrow or stem cell donor
- Fundraising, you could hold an online event, a sponsored walk etc
- Shop at smile.amazon.co.uk when using Amazon. Smile is a simple, automatic way for you to support LCS every time you shop on Amazon, at no extra cost to you.
- Shope with easyfundraising. Easyfundraising turns your everyday online shopping into a free donation to your favourite cause. Just start online shopping first at easyfundraising, then shop as normal. Retailers will then make a small donation to say ‘thank you’.