Thank you to Ayse from Arepops for tagging me in the mummy tag x
1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum or a Working Mum?
Bit of both, I worked full time before having Lucas. I took 14 months off on maternity and now work 3 days a week.
2. Would you have it any other way?
No, I’m lucky in that I have the best of both worlds. I wouldn’t not want to work but I’m glad I get to spend more time with him to watch him grow and reach his milestones.
3. Do you co-sleep?
Yes, it wasn’t something we planned on. Lucas never settled in his moses basket so in the early days he either slept in my arms or his baby chair. I decided to make the bed safe for him to sleep next to me so we could both have a bit of sleep and we haven’t changed since. We share a king size and he takes up the majority of it!
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
When he was younger I would say his rocker, he has the newborn to toddler one so it is now a proper chair for him to sit in but he doesn’t really use it anymore. Now I would say his sleeping sacs. Keep him warm and comfortable without any sheets or the quilt going near to him.
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
Just Lucas I think. We both feel very lucky to have him and are happy as a family of 3. That may change in the future but it won’t be any time soon.
6. Date nights? How often do you have them?
We’ve been on a night out once since having Lucas. Co-sleeping and breastfeeding have made it harder to go out without him. I’ve bought D tickets to see Will Young in July thinking that would be a date night but he’s planning on Lucas coming with us haha, we do like being all together.
7. Your child’s favourite show?
At the moment I would say Thomas the tank engine and Twirlywoos
8. Name one thing you bought before you had the baby and never ended up using?
Changing top for the cot.
9. Your child’s favourite food?
10. How many cars does your family have?
11. Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now?
Obviously put on during pregnancy, I’m back to my pre pregnancy weight now but I’m a different shape. A couple of pre pregnancy jeans have gone to the charity shop.
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
Safari, I’m thinking for my 40th then Lucas will be 10
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
Mauritius or somewhere equally paradise like
14. How has your life changed since having kids?
I can’t go for a wee on my own, I have a little person trying to climb my legs when I’m cooking, our house is constantly a mess with toys and anything he has dragged out of cupboards, takes forever to get ready to go out, I’m happier than I ever could have been without him in my life.
15. Finish the sentence “It makes heart melt when…”
Lucas wakes up in the morning, looks up at me and smiles
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
Next and Tesco mainly
17. Favourite make-up and skincare products?
Don’t really wear makeup but I do like Benefit Bad Gal mascara, still looking for my perfect moisturiser
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Mamia. Pampers are ok but not for overnight. Do Huggies do nappies in the UK? I like the Huggies swim nappies.
19. Have you always wanted kids?
20. Best part of being a mum?
The way he looks at me, seeing the love in his eyes x
Sarah,The Parenting Trials
Sarah,The Herniman House
Jodie,Being Mrs Davies
Lucy,Hello Beautiful Bear