If your company is planning the holiday office party soon, you may be looking for unique ways to make this year’s party stand out from all the rest. Holding the same generic party year after year can harm employee morale and lower potential turnout, which in turn could disappoint workers and even damage the company’s reputation. On the flip side, going for a unique spin on your holiday party, such as hosting a themed event or booking some sailing tours San Diego, can leave a strong impression, delight your employees and bolster the company reputation. If you’re stuck and unsure which ideas would be best for your upcoming office holiday party, try working through these steps to find the inspiration you’ve been looking for.
Planning a Unique Office Party
Whether you decide to jazz up your usual office setting or go for a totally different approach such as getting a San Diego boat charter for this year’s company holiday party, making your event unique can often come down to the details.
If you usually order generic pizza, don’t put up many decorations and don’t play music or hire outside entertainment, for instance, you may want to reconsider your approach. Putting more effort into throwing a unique office party can make your employees feel valued and help your event to stand out from the slew of other holiday events that employees may be attending throughout the season.
For some small tweaks that can help your party go above and beyond, you should
- Choose a memorable theme and coordinate the food, cutlery, decorations and even dress code to match that theme
- Offer a raffle or door prizes to get more employees to come and get involved
- Set up party games, such as cornhole or pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, to shake up the evening
- Set up a photo booth so everyone can take photos to remember the evening by
- Add some holiday-inspired decorative touches to the room, including tinsel, garlands and fairy lights
- Start a charity offering at the office party where attendees can make donations in the holiday spirit
- Hold a potluck and invite everyone to bring a favorite seasonal dish
Holiday Office Party at Sea
If you really want to shake things up and thrill your employees this year, you may want to spring for a private sunset dinner cruise San Diego and hold your holiday office party out at sea.
This approach is unexpected, bold and has numerous advantages. For example, it could allow you to
- Enjoy uniquely peaceful and beautiful scenery
- Break out of the usual office party mold and make the night truly memorable
- Take employees out of the office environment for a more relaxing feel
For your next holiday office party, break out of the mold and leave a strong impression by hosting a truly unique party.
Whether your employees would prefer to go sailing, attend a themed party, play party games or bring their own dishes to a potluck-style event, any of these ideas can help your office party to stand out. Use this list to start brainstorming today.