Duerrs sent me some blackcurrant jam to try in a recipe, either sweet or savoury.
I love using my slow cooker during winter, nothing beats throwing a load of ingredients into a pot and leaving it until tea time so you have the day free and the house smells of delicious home cooking. I decided to adapt Duerrs Fruity Beef Casserole for the slow cooker. I also changed the quantities for 2 adult servings.
- 400g cubed beef
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 300ml beef gravy
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons Duerrs Blackcurrant Jam
- Salt and pepper to season
- Put all ingredients into the slow cooker and stir
- Cook on low for 6 hours (check your own slow cooker for guidance of times)
- Serve with buttery mashed potatoes
D and I thoroughly enjoyed the casserole, the jam gave a delicious fruity twist. The blackcurrant, chilli and lemon combined with the other ingredients made it extremely flavoursome x